Friday, August 22, 2014

My life

My life is not the normal life for a single, 23 year old, American female. I live in Rwanda, for the first time I sort of live alone (even though there are many others on the compound), I’m trying to train my brain and tongue in another language and ministry is my life. Seriously, pretty much the only thing I do outside of ministry is going to church on Sunday. This is because of two things 1. Ministry is exhausting! 2. Missions is not where the money is (you know, just in case you thought I was a millionaire) and I think toilet paper is more important then going out. And I’m not complaining, but going out, leaving the base and being a “normal” person does sound nice. But I’m ok with it. 
I am amazed at the life Jesus gave me.  I LOVE MY LIFE. And while it’s hard to find balance in my life. And to hear stories of horrifying things on an almost daily basis - it is so worth it! If one woman can find hope in Jesus, the healing that he brings or her value from our King - worth it. Even if it takes almost 2 hours with buses and walking/hiking to get to a home, just to pray, worship and share the Word for 45 minutes - worth it. Guys, I have been able to see some amazing things (see my last post), hear some amazing stories and see lives transformed! God is doing something so huge here in Rwanda! It’s something so big that all those hard things don’t matter! When lives are being changed, wounds are being healed, forgiveness is taken place and women find love and value from our Daddy - a few hours on a bus doesn’t matter! I would ride the bus for even longer, hike up mountains, ride motor bikes,bicycles, or any other form of transport (like a dump truck into South Sudan. That actually happened!)

And so, because I love this life so much, it’s time to celebrate it. Here are some photos and videos of what I get to do in Rwanda! 
I am so blessed to work with an amazing woman of God. One who understands the need for rest and relaxation. 



This is my buddy Bobo. He comes every saturday to hang out and watch Lion King. 

I am blessed to have YWAM family who know and understand my love for strong coffee.

The view from my front "porch". Notice the chicken tied to the tree






No comments:

Post a Comment