Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My lighthouse.

I know I say this all the time, but really...I cannot believe that soon I am moving to Africa! I am so excited, nervous, scared, overwhelmed, full of joy, giddy and just amazed that soon I am leaving the US and going to my new home! Seriously, the fact that I get to live in Africa gives me giggles. Like a little girl who just met Cinderella...it's crazy.

But yet in everything that has to be done, it sort of casts a cloud on all of this excitement. Fundraising (that's a giant one), packing, tying things up here, planning, getting a visa, renewing a visa and thinking of everything I might need for the next...well however long it will be until my next visit - these are the things in my mind right now. With all of this, plus working and just living, things have been crazy. In the past month, my car has been in the shop 3 times, I have been working a lot and trying to reconnect and stay connected with people here and there. It's crazy and a lot of the time, crazy hard.

But in all of it, I have seen that God is good. Yesterday, I was talking to Jesus. Just letting it all out. I prayed that He would provide. As soon as the words were off my lips, my boss called and asked me to fill in. Blessing. There is something for my computer that I have been looking at getting for months, but  just haven't gotten because it wasn't a priority. God is providing that through a friend in church. Since being home, I've missed talking about Jesus and missions for a long time. I've missed having people around me who think the same as me. (I do have those people in my life here, they just aren't all here or we don't always get time together) But Saturday, a friend called me up. We got coffee and that's about what we did. For hours we just talked about Jesus and the Bible and missions and really, everything.

So yes, things are crazy. But Jesus is good. I know that, but yet still forget. If you think of it or want to, pray with me. I need wisdom to know what to do. I need to rest in Jesus and let him take over everything.

So with every small blessing, I am seeing his goodness. Things might be busy, crazy, frustrating or hard, but Jesus is good - always. I'm not sure what life will be like once I leave - but Jesus is in control. I don't know how my relationship with friends and family will change after I leave - but Jesus is in control. I have no idea how I will pay school fees, staff fees, flights and everything in between - but my God is Jehovah Jireh. He never stops providing. He never stops loving. He never stops. He's my lighthouse; constantly guiding me to himself.

This song has been in my head all day! God has used this song to give me peace, rest and much encouragement. Go listen to it and be blessed! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment